CALL FOR PERSONAL SERVICE
'A section of an Amazing Apostles' Creed VBS assembly mural. Middle school students created several of these backgrounds before the VBS week began. Children, then, created monochromatic animals to decorate the murals.
"WE USED YOUR DIRECTOR'S GUIDE SUGGESTIONS TO RECRUIT MANY VOLUNTEERS AND FOUND SEVENTY LEADERS TO TEACH YOUR EXCELLENT CURRICULA TO MANY CHILDREN."
- HEIDI, PARISH PARENT, CHANHASSEN, MN
WHAT DOES OUR PARISH RECEIVE WHEN WE ORDER A GOD IS GOOD VBS PROGRAM?
Your parish will receive a Director's Kit for the specific theme you choose. In that Director's Kit you'll find a full sized, complete Director's Guide and professional Director's Flash Drive. You will also receive our unique, colorful, Art, Game, Snack, Role Play, and Prayer Guides tor volunteers, Finally, your kit features a Dance DVD, CD, posters, media and Tee Shirt/CD Order Forms.
WHAT ARE THE AGES THAT ENJOY GOD IS GOOD VBS PROGRAMS?
- Children ages 4 to 12 participate as learners in groups. Children who are in middle school are typically enthusiastic group leaders. These mentors also decorate, answer higher level questions and shine in role plays, dancing and singing. High school students, parents, grandparents and others volunteer to prepare and lead the various faith formation stations.
WHAT OTHER MATERIALS WILL WE NEED?
- Our material lists are found in the Director's Guide and in faith formation station guides for art, game, prayer, role play and technology materials. Our snack guide contains a modestly priced grocery list. When creating lessons, we consider a variety of parish situations and you may choose adaptions if your parish is on a budget.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO CREATE ENERGY IN VBS PROGRAMS? ISN'T THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF A SUMMER CATHOLIC PROGRAM THAT THE CHILDREN LEARN ABOUT THEIR FAITH?
- Catholic VBS gives children and families a vacation from the usual methods of faith formation. Leaving workbooks out of the week so there is room for vibrant music and dancing, creative art, large motor games, prayerful times, yummy snacks and entertaining role plays creates energy in successful VBS Programs. God is Good VBS spends several months developing and practicing activities that create this energy.
WHAT ARE YOUR THEMES? WON’T CHILDREN MISS A CARNIVAL THEME OR FRIENDLY ANIMAL?
- Children come to Jesus naturally and embrace the rich treasures of our Catholic faith. Just as the Mass does not rely on trends to know Christ, we introduce our themes by enveloping children in the Bible, Jesus' life and His Church. God is Good VBS lessons explore friendly prophets of the Old Testament, the Gospels of the New Testament, our beautiful Catholic Teachings, Sacraments, Saints, the Apostles' Creed, our Liturgical Year, Vocations and more. Children learn as they pray, play, create, and sing!
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT THAT VBS LESSONS ARE DEVELOPED BY A CATHOLIC EDUCATOR?
- Being seasoned Catholic teachers and experienced leaders, we understand how importantuser-friendly, full sized, lessons and guides are. We also understand how to catch children's attention about the objectives of the lessons. Scope and Sequences, classroom management, preparation, material lists and learning styles are carefully considered so leaders can easily lead VBS. "Child language" is used through out lessons and we have confidence in children's abilities, as we consider the age group being taught.
WHO HELPS CREATE GOD IS GOOD VBS CURRICULA?
- We have an outstanding team help with many creative elements of our guides. An experienced cook helps us with snack recipes. We get fresh ideas from technology and physical education experts. Our priest reviews our theology for an Imprimatur. Our videographer and musicians are professionals. Thank goodness for our art graphic designer, as we are tremendously proud of the attractiveness and color in every lesson.
WHAT ABOUT GOD IS GOOD VBS DECORATIONS?
- Each program contains assembly mural directions, for middle school or high school volunteers, to create for the week. We believe that children's surroundings should also be decorated by them, so children are responsible for decorating the already made mural. You will see a sense of pride and joy as children decorate their own space. However, it is also fun for the children to see a few posters and Holy Land items as they walk into their space. We continue to add ideas to our Blog (see Blog Page Tab on our menu). If time is an issue we also provide murals your assembly space. Just check out our store!
Jesse Tree Journey VBS, . . . behind the assembly area.
"Thank you for this Catholic program. I wouldn't change anything about Amazing Apostles' Creed VBS. It went very well and the children really enjoyed it."
- Deb, DRE, North Dakota
“I’ve never run through an obstacle course at VBS before.
That was really fun.”
- NICOLAS, MINNESTRISTA, MN
“MY FAVORITE PART OF THIS SUMMER’S VBS WAS THE PRAYER STATION. WE PRAYED IN THE CHURCH AND ADORATION AND WE LEARNED ABOUT THE STATIONS OF THE CROSS. THE LITTLE ONES LIKED THAT STATION, TOO, BECAUSE OUR LEADER WAS VERY SPIRITUAL AND KEPT IT UNDERSTANDABLE FOR THEIR AGE, TOO.”
- High school volunteer at ICC, Watertown, MN
“I WAS TIRED OF REVISING PROGRAMS TO ADD MORE CATECHESIS TO THE CURRICULA. THEY DIDNT INFUSE THE CHILDREN IN THEIR CATHOLIC FAITH. SO, WHEN I SAW GOD IS GOOD VBS I KNEW IT WOULD ALREADY BE CATHOLIC AND EASIER TO PLAN AND LEAD."
- Rob, New York Catholic Church DRE
“THANK YOUR FOR CHOOSING A CATHOLIC VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL. MY KIDS ENJOYED ALL ASPECTS OF THE PROGRAM AND MY TEENS ENJOYED HELPING. ”
- Cathie, VBS Parent Volunteer, Bloomington, MN
MOST COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
frequently asked questions
answers to your